The Legacy KidsCare Program (LKC) provides a safe, structured, caring, enriching and affordable program led by Legacy Traditional School experienced staff. LKC is designed with our busy parents in mind; LKC students remain on-site, eliminating the need for additional transportation to a child care center. LKC students participate in fun educational activities, spend time with friends and receive homework assistance (afternoon sessions). LKC is available before and after school between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Space is limited, and will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Open to all enrolled students in grades K-8
- Available on a full-time, part-time, or drop-in basis
- Qualified staff will guide students through homework time, educational
activities and supervised play
- LKC strives to maintain a 30:1 child-to-staff ratio
Times & Schedule:
Before School 6:00 – 7:30 a.m.
Recreational activities in the gym
After School 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
3:00 — 3:30 Snack
3:30 — 4:00 Outdoor Play Time
4:00 — 5:00 Homework Time
5:00 — 6:00 Educational Games
Fees are calculated based upon the number of school days in the year. The annual fee amount is then divided into ten equal monthly payments so that the monthly payments do not fluctuate. Monthly fees do not include School Closure Camp dates.
- Annual Registration Fee: One-time $70.00 registration fee paid once per calendar year per student during regular enrollment, regardless of when beginning in LKC. If a family withdraws for a period of time to exceed two weeks, a re-enrollment form must be completed and a fee of $20.00 must be paid. The family will only be accepted if there is room, no waiting list, and no balance on the account. No refunds or credits will be given for days not attended.
- LKC Before School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week): $71.00/month – $35.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC Before School, Full-time: $81.00/month – $40.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week): $159.00/month – $79.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Full-time: $198.00/month – $99.00 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- Family Maximum: $400.00 – This discounted payment option is only payable at the beginning of each month.
- Drop in: $30.00 per day – This tuition option can be used for half days or any day that you don’t have someone to watch your child. Registration is required with two business day’s notice.
(Additional fees apply to intersession breaks, summer academy and day camps)
Day Camps and School Breaks: $30 per day per child. This option is used for registered LKC families who may need care during school breaks and ½ days.. Registration must be made through SchoolCare Works. There is a 1-time registration fee, which must be completed and paid at least two days prior to the day in need. Camps may be closed based on enrollment numbers.
Not Licensed, Open-Door Policy:
The Legacy KidsCare program is not a licensed child care facility as defined by Arizona Revised Statutes section 36-882. As such, your child is free to check out and leave from the program site at any time. Staff cannot physically restrain a participant who is not authorized to walk home but is trying to walk home. If your child leaves, staff will begin calling the numbers provided. If your child never
checks-in but was expected to attend, LTS staff will try to contact you via the numbers provided.
NOTE: It is very important for you to ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and that you communicate your pick-up preferences with your child and Legacy KidsCare staff.
If you have any questions please contact Community Education at email@example.com.